September 16, 2026
Today the geneticist called with Brinlee's results: normal. For most families that word would be pure relief. For us it means another door that looked like it might hold answers has quietly closed.
We're not giving up. We've decided to join the Undiagnosed Diseases Network, and we'll keep re-running her genetics every two years. Maybe something turns up there. This time we're holding our hopes gently.
As for how Brinlee is doing, our little stretch of "things going better" seems to have worn off. She's back to seizures during the day, nearly every day, and we saw a cluster this evening. The hardest part is that the nighttime seizures never fully stopped. So now we're weighing what comes next: whether to go back to very low carb, maybe not full keto, or whether her newest medication has started to hurt more than it helps. These are the decisions that weigh on us most, because we're the ones who have to make them, and all we want is to help our sweet girl.
We'll end on good news. Darla is thriving. She's got her puppy energy back and we are all falling for her. Today she met a chicken up close for the first time, and neither of them was quite sure what to make of the other. (She'd also just had a bath, which explains the very wet, very happy face.)
Thank you for walking this road with us, the good days and the hard ones.
View on Facebook →